85hr Pre/Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training
with Rachel Carr E-RYT 500, RPYT
Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga creates the support and intuitive knowledge for moms-to-be throughout their pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum experience. This program is a comprehensive approach to prenatal support through the spectrum of yoga philosophies, practices as well as Ayurveda, and knowledge of birthing choices. During this course, you will learn how to support women during the different stages of pregnancy through the use of yoga in order to prepare mom body, mind and spirit in this new stage of life.
This program was born from working with expectant mothers and birthing professionals as well as Rachel’s own experience during her pregnancy with her first child. The impact of her own personal practice was essential to a supportive and healthy pregnancy.
“I developed this program because I want to empower women to make choices that work for them based on their own bio-mental-spiritual beliefs as well as teaching teachers how to hold space and care for women during this time in their lives and beyond. I truly believe these teachings impact women on and off the mat during any station in life—it was that way for me, and that’s my true intention with this program.” -Rachel Carr
This Fall session of this advanced training runs from Sept-Nov and is broken in to three modules for the most comprehensive prenatal yoga teacher training in the DC metro area.
This program is designed for
- 200-hour /500-hour yoga teachers
- Experienced yoga students (with permission from the instructor)
- Birth Workers & Professionals (childbirth educators, doulas, midwives, nurses, OB/GYN’s, etc.) interested in learning how yoga can benefit their clients and how to add yoga to their care modalities
Module 1: Foundations & Teaching Methodologies
Upon completion of this module, students will have the tools to teach prenatal yoga students.
- Basic prenatal physiology
- Prenatal posture variations, contraindications and therapeutic benefits
- Class design for each trimester
- Flow and restorative yoga practices
- Physical and emotional support for mom
- Practice Teaching & Feedback
Module 2: Deeper Offerings & Teaching Methodologies
This module expands upon the first and offers deeper knowledge of the subtle body, Ayurveda and yoga philosophies.
- Ayurveda for pregnancy and postpartum support
- Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful: A Kundalini Yoga approach to Prenatal Yoga
- Subtle body and energetics of yoga
- Pranayama and meditation techniques
- Yoga philosophies relating to prenatal & postpartum time of life
- Overview of birthing choices, techniques, comfort measures and healthcare professionals
- Practice Teaching & Feedback
Module 3: Anatomy & Postnatal Methods
This module will emphasize on anatomy & physiology, postnatal yoga and final teaching practicums.
- Anatomy and physiology of the prenatal and postnatal body
- Postpartum posture variations, contraindications and therapeutic benefits
- Postpartum care: emotional and physical
- Stress Management for Mom
- Unique class offerings and additional comfort measures
- Mommy & Me Yoga overview
- Business & Ethics of Prenatal Yoga
- Final Teaching Practicums & Feedback
Capricious Yogi, LLC is registered through the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga School (RPYS). All students registered at the 200hr level that successfully complete this program are eligible to apply for the Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) designation. See the Prerequisite section for more information.
This program is open to all practitioners interested in deepening their knowledge of Prenatal Yoga.
For those interested in registering with Yoga Alliance as an RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) you must be a RYT 200hr certified yoga teacher. After completing training graduates must also teach 30 hours of prenatal yoga before they may register as Registered Prenatal Yoga Teachers (RPYT®s). These hours of prenatal yoga must be taught after graduating from a RPYS. Learn more here.
Students are required to attend all contact hours during the program, complete non-contact hour assignments, and attend eight prenatal yoga classes outside of training hours either at the Hosting Studio or elsewhere.
Current Program Dates, Times, Location
Blue Nectar Yoga, Falls Church, VA
DATES & TIMES
Sept: 22-24, Module 1: Foundations & Teaching Methodologies
Oct. 20-22, Module 2: Deeper Offerings & Teaching Methodologies
Nov. 3-5, Module 3: Anatomy & Postnatal Methods
$1500 after to be paid by program start date, September 22, 2017
- A training manual
- 4 out of the 8 prenatal observations comped at Blue Nectar
- 10 class pass available at a 10% discounted rate
- 90-day studio membership for $159.00