- Stop making excuses for myself: I have the will, the power and the skill to do the work I want to do.
- Listen to my intuition more: I have been smacked on my forehead so many times in the past few weeks by my intuition that if I don’t start listening I feel as if it will jump out and slap me, lovingly of course ;). Developing my intuition and learning to listen to it are key to finding my way.
- Realize that I have great gifts to offer too: I have so many amazing friends that are doing amazing things and sometimes I think, I can never do that…but that’s self-defeating and down right silly. I may not do exactly what they are, but I can find something of the same equivalent that works for me. Even though my little self doesn’t want to admit, I know that I have a lot to share.
- Try new things. I have a LOT of ideas: In fact, I have been accused of having lots of ideas and not enough follow through, so you know what? I’m going to follow through and whether they are good ideas or not, I’m going to do it. I’ve just made all this space on my calendar, so now I can stop making excuses (see #1) and start getting things done!
- Make the connection: Some people are really good at this. I’m really good at this when it comes to other people, but not myself. Following up on connections once they are made is not my forte. However, that way of thinking is not sustainable. I have to remind myself that even though it might not work the first time, that doesn’t mean defeat, it only means it’s not the right time or fit. Everything will work out as intended.
I’m completely living this saying right now! Over the past few weeks, and months really, I’ve taken time to reevaluate what it is I really want to do with my life and decided that it didn’t include staying at my current job any longer. I’m taking a huge leap of faith and aligning my career path with my purpose: to teach, to write, to share and to communicate. That’s right. I turned in my two weeks notice and have lined up some exhilarating opportunities that I believe will fill me up!
I’ve been working on manifesting some major changes in my career for some time, but had to put it all on the back burner as I dealt with my family’s recent state of emergency this summer. That’s not to say that I’ve totally moved on from the loss of my mother and grandmother (definitely not), but now there is some closure in that arena and voila, things are finally happening! I acknowledge that it will take some time to get my ideas and work all flowing together, so I’ve added a little extra patience to my practice and overall, complete trust in whatever is to come.
A friend shared this write up from the DailyOm today and it was almost too fitting: