A few weeks ago I took my schedule and turned it upside down, flat on it’s face and all screwy. Okay, so I’m being a bit dramatic, but seriously, come January 2013, my routine will much less routine than it ever has been before. What’s going on? Where’s the shift coming from? Well, I’m Making Space (once again) for Great Gifts to Come.
Yes, I have already covered this topic but a) some of you are new to my blog and haven’t read the above stated article and b) it’s always good to revisit lessons and ideas over and over again. That’s how you learn.
My calendar this Fall and prior has been pretty full, however, some of my classes and other obligations have not been very fulfilling. In the past year, there has been discord between my heart and my business oriented mind with regards to where I’m teaching and what sort of work I’m perpetuating. When these things stop lining up, I know it’s time to go. However, the problem has been that I’m letting go of some pretty big constants, but I think that’s okay. It’s time to step out of my Comfort Zone a little bit.
I did not come to these decisions easily. Nope, there’s been a lot of quiet introspection around these parts, but I know I am making the right decision. Remember that saying, “leap and the net will appear?” Well, I’m a true believe in that philosophy, so that is exactly what I’m going to do. I’m leaping….again.
It’s a little scary. Right now I have enough sustainable work, but I see myself moving in different directions and in order for me to be successful I figure that I will have to do the following things:
- Stop making excuses for myself: I have the will, the power and the skill to do the work I want to do.
- Listen to my intuition more: I have been smacked on my forehead so many times in the past few weeks by my intuition that if I don’t start listening I feel as if it will jump out and slap me, lovingly of course ;). Developing my intuition and learning to listen to it are key to finding my way.
- Realize that I have great gifts to offer too: I have so many amazing friends that are doing amazing things and sometimes I think, I can never do that…but that’s self-defeating and down right silly. I may not do exactly what they are, but I can find something of the same equivalent that works for me. Even though my little self doesn’t want to admit, I know that I have a lot to share.
- Try new things. I have a LOT of ideas: In fact, I have been accused of having lots of ideas and not enough follow through, so you know what? I’m going to follow through and whether they are good ideas or not, I’m going to do it. I’ve just made all this space on my calendar, so now I can stop making excuses (see #1) and start getting things done!
- Make the connection: Some people are really good at this. I’m really good at this when it comes to other people, but not myself. Following up on connections once they are made is not my forte. However, that way of thinking is not sustainable. I have to remind myself that even though it might not work the first time, that doesn’t mean defeat, it only means it’s not the right time or fit. Everything will work out as intended.
I was feeling a bit anxious about the white space on my calendar and after sharing that with some of my students, I realized that they were going through the same thing too! I gather that my work right now is being okay with the space and instead of trying to change it and force it into a way of being, I need to accept it for what it is. A friend recently told me that instead of seeing the calendar as empty, see it completely full….because it is full….off white space. When I learn to see the space as full, I’m seeing it with abundance and we all know that abundance follows abundance….so that is what I’m doing. Hello, white space…it’s so nice to see you!
I sort of feel like I’m setting a New Year’s intention right now. Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. Really, I know the practice will speak for itself and if I can follow my own advice, I may just see my schedule turn into the over flowing spectacle of time, teaching and appointments I envision it to be. Right now though, it’s all about making and resting in the space that is waiting for me.
Have you had big changes recently? What has unfolded for you when you make space? Do you follow the “leap and the net will appear philosophy?”