I offer Yoga for Digestion classes, workshops, webinars, and one-on-one life and health counseling.
More than 55 million people in the U.S. alone are affected by Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). This does not include the millions of others living with Irritable Bowel Diseases (IBD) like Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease, as well as other autoimmune disorders.
I am passionate about the benefits a consistent yoga practice and balanced diet can have on the digestive system and make no secret just how important my practice has been for me. Having lived with ulcerative colitis for more than 20 years, I have tried just about everything and yet, I always come back to yoga as the primary tool in my tool box.
Good Health Begins in Your Gut
Be Good to Your Gut: Yoga for Digestive Health
We are what we eat – or more specifically how we digest. Many of us are silently struggling with symptoms of a weak digestion like bloating, gas, and constipation -or- full on digestive disorders like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD).
I started practicing yoga to help ease symptoms related to my ulcerative colitis, a form of IBD that I have been managing for nearly 20 years. Through yoga I have found relief from my unhappy gut and the physical, mental and emotional distress it caused to my overall well-being.
I am on a mission to help you do the same!
This workshop is for you if you:
- Struggle with symptoms of gas, bloating, constipation, heart burn, etc.
- Want to improve digestion and metabolism through tangible practices
- Have been diagnosed with IBS or IBD and are not sure who to talk to or where to begin
- Feel embarrassed by your condition or symptoms and just want to feel “normal”
In a comfortable and safe group of people who are all in the same boat, my workshops provide:
- A concise understanding of how digestion works
- How stress and poor nutrition affect digestion
- Simple yoga postures and breathing techniques to restore and maintain good digestion
- Relaxation, meditation and visualization to help reduce stress impacting your gut health, and last but not least…
- Support from me, someone who has “been there, done that” and is no longer embarrassed by my condition or ready to throw in the towel. I’ve spent years researching, practicing, and studying just about everything in order to bring balance to my life and create a thriving digestive system.
Let this workshop be the first step on your path towards happy, healthy digestion!